SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
Increase website leads and sales by getting more qualified traffic.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of your website in a search engine's "organic" or unpaid search results.
When to Use SEO:
SEO is for you if you want to:
- Rank higher than your competitors on search engine results pages
- Appear on search engines for keywords that are related to your products and services
- Increase the number of qualified leads for your business
General SEO Tips:
There are three key factors to how well your site ranks on search engines: technical structure, on-page optimization, and off-site factors.
Technical structure and on-page optimization each account for about 20% of your success; offsite factors account for about 60%.
Technical Structure (20%). Some technical structure problems are easy to detect once you know where to look. Others need deeper digging and experienced investigation. At the very least, make sure you avoid these common SEO problems:
- Duplication issues: content management system duplicate content issues, domain or sub-domain content duplication issues
- Permanent redirects from yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com
- The keywords within your URL structure
The best and fastest way to eliminate technical structure problems is to get a technical SEO audit.
On-Page SEO Factors (20%). On-page content optimizationis easy if you follow these best practices:
- Title tags: no more than 65 characters and follows one of the following formats: “Primary Keywords – Second Keywords | Brand Name” or “BrandName | Primary Keywords – Secondary Keywords”
- Title tag describes the page’s message in 35-40 characters
- Meta description is unique, relevant, enticing, and includes your keywords
- All content is indexable including images. This means: no text in images, flash files, or frames, and label all images with alt-texts.
Off-site Factors (60%). This is where consistent effort pays off. The goal is to acquire backlinks through approved tactics. Here are some of the most effective:
- Promote your blog content over social networks
- Outreach via blogging and guest blogging
- Make sure your website is listed in free directories such as DMOZ and in local online business directories; also submit your site to reputable paid directories and exchange links with business partners
Good content attracts likes, retweets, and links. Content marketing has become increasingly important to SEO, so create a content strategy and get writing.
Other Smartt Resources:
- The 20-20-60 SEO Rule
- How to use PPC campaigns to enhance your SEO
- 5 Key Considerations for Mobile SEO
- Mobile SEO: Google is releasing new ranking factors
- The New SEO is Good Content
- Web Design for SEO
How Smartt Can Help:
Smartt is experienced at conducting SEO audits and developing effective digital marketing roadmaps that leverage your SEO results. We also offer monthly digital marketing management packages for search engine optimization and monitoring. Here are some sample tasks we can tailor to your budget and needs:
Conduct SEO audits
Perform keyword research and analysis
Perform competitive research and analysis
Optimize your onsite SEO
Perform offsite optimization (linkbuilding)
Write and optimize your content
Get in touch or call 604-473-9700