Social content promotion, content marketing:
In a social media world, content marketing communicates without blatant selling.
The objective of content marketing is to drive customer action by providing valuable and relevant content, consistently. It’s an ongoing effort that works best when integrated into an overall marketing strategy that leverages social media and SEO.
Why social content promotion:
Here are some of the top reasons for investing in content marketing and social media:
- Quality content drives quality social interactions. Give your social media a purpose by giving followers reasons to come to your website. Social traffic provides different mechanisms to build community and promote discussion: hashtags, comments, replies, likes, and shares.
- Exploit online word-of-mouth. Consumer trust in advertising is at an all-time low. Content marketing promoted via social media earns high trust because people trust recommendations and links from their friends or other members of an online group. It’s the new word-of-mouth. This kind of earned media is the most valuable exposure you can get.
- Improve SEO. Search engines are getting smarter all the time at delivering relevant content to users. Social sharing, back links, relevance, and quality all help boost your SEO ranking.
General Social Content Promotion Tips:
Consistency is key. Think like a magazine editor. Content marketing is not a campaign, it’s an ongoing business activity. Budget for the resources to create content on a regular basis, so that blog visitors get to rely on your information.
Produce your content with social sharing and engagement in mind. Encourage comments, take notice of what’s being discussed by your target audience, and make sure your blog images present well when you post the link on Facebook or other social sites.
Create a content calendar. Again, think like a magazine editor. Plan a mix of topics. Aim to have something of interest for each of your audience personas – CXO, middle management, users, tech support. Plan what content you will feature or promote via different channels: social media, newsletter, industry forums, other online blogs, etc.
Don’t try to do it all yourself. In addition to original content, you can write content abstractions (summaries of other stories plus your own observations), invite others to guest blog, or curate content (select and comment on other stories/news of interest to your audience).
Use images. Enhance your content with supporting images, infographics, or charts. Use professional images.
Other Smartt Resources:
- 4 Killer Tips on Promoting Content through Social Media
- Climb Off the Digital Slush Pile: Content Marketing That Works
- Throw Out That Old-Style Press Release!
- How Marketers Can Use the 4 C’s of Marketing in Content Marketing
- 6 kinds of content for B2B marketing
How Smartt Can Help:
Content and social media should be implemented as part of a total digital marketing strategy to Promote, Analyze, Convert, and Engage your audience. Take our P.A.C.E. Workshop or download the P.A.C.E. eBook to learn how to be effective with content marketing. The Smartt Digital Marketing Audit includes an audit of both your social media and content, and makes recommendations for how to improve the effectiveness of content marketing and social media.
For ongoing digital marketing management, Smartt offers:
SEO optimized blogs and social media configuration
SEO and social promotion
Social media monitoring
Advanced content creation
Get in touch or call 604-473-9700